Dear Local Digital Creatives & Developers:
As an unusual combination of business member-driven non-profit, community hub, visitor center, and state licensing facility, the Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce sits at the nexus of many aspects of Island life. We are advocates for our members, service providers to our community, and ambassadors for our island.
As part of the Bainbridge Chamber’s current evolution, there is an urgent need for the website to be refreshed, revamped, and relaunched to better service users across all our diverse community functions.
The Chamber seeks a professional partner on an 8-10 week project to create a new WordPress-based digital hub with a mission to inform and make community connections at its heart.
Help us help Bainbridge by connecting:
- Islanders with local businesses and service providers
- Visitors with local businesses, activities and attractions
- Local businesses with each other
- Local workers with businesses
- Everyone to original content designed to help the Bainbridge business community
- The world to local information, Chamber community events, plus employment and volunteer opportunities
- Website content with supporting social media and traditional media promotion
- Website to 3rd party providers of sponsorship, business directory & membership fee payment platforms.
Project Partners, Scope & Outline
The ideal partner will have deep Bainbridge roots and understanding of our unique community, paired with tried-and-tested nimble solutions to many UX and multi-function challenges.
The ideal new Chamber website will be paired with strong digital infrastructure to create a secure, stable online platform able to help the organization better serve the island for years to come.
In terms of scope, the completed site should be WordPress-based, with 3rd party CRM and payment processing integrations, and comprise between 40 and 50 pages structured into individual sections for:
- Community News
- Chamber Members Directory + Map
- Shared Community Jobs/Interns/Volunteers Board
- Chamber Information, Benefits & How To Join
- Department of Licensing Information, and how-to guide for the services we provide
- Visitor Information (in partnership with Visit Bainbridge Island, Downtown Association, Lodging/Hospitality Association & Tourism Collaborative)
- Community Events (in partnership with Artsopolis etc)
The budget for this project is $5,000 to $10,000, dependent on finalized scope and scale.
Equal Opportunity Organization
The Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply for this project.
The Chamber is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
All engagement is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Respond to this Request For Proposal right here: