Young Island artists, listen up!
The Bainbridge Chamber of Commerce and Bainbridge Youth Services are excited to invite all the current elementary, middle and high school students of Bainbridge Island to participate in our Annual Grand Old 4th Poster Contest…
The creator of the winning poster design will receive a $500.00 cash prize to support their artistic endeavors, courtesy of a generous sponsorship by Chamber Champions Puget Sound Energy.
2022 Contest Details:
- There is no cost to enter.
- Contest is open to all enrolled Bainbridge Island School District students, or any homeschooled or private school students who live on on Bainbridge Island.
- The 2022 theme for the poster is: “The Grand Old 4th: Restoring an Island Tradition”.
- All entries must be original art.
- Submissions should be 13″ tall x 11″ wide (and will be made into the centerpiece of an 11″ x 17″ poster with the addition of event logo, information, sponsors and website at the top and bottom of the final poster)
- Entries can be submitted as physical or digital artworks.
- Physical entries should be exactly 13″ tall x 11″ wide and submitted to the Chamber offices (395 Winslow Way E).
- Digital entries should be vector art in the correct image ratio, or sized at 13″ by 11″ as a pdf, png, or tiff file at 300 dpi in CMYK color space submitted via email to [email protected]echamber.com
- Deadline for submissions: 5pm on Friday May 6, 2022.
- No late entries will be accepted
Judging will take place during the month of May, with the winner announced publicly on Tuesday May 24, 2022.
Upon receipt of prize, copyright and ownership of the winning design will transfer to the Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce in order for it to be used in creating the official Grand Old 4th promotional poster. The winner’s name, and the contest’s sponsor, Puget Sound Energy will be included on the poster when produced. A framed copy of the final poster will be provided to the winner.
As a bonus prize, the winning student and their family will also be invited to ride in the Grand Old 4th’s parade to receive (very) public recognition of their creative mastery!
Need some space to get creative?
Make your poster design at Scrappy Art Lab on all the Saturdays in April!
Scrappy Art Lab will be open to young Island artists on April 2, 16, 23, 30 from 11am to 4pm each week. Ages 6 and up can be dropped off for one hour. FREE entry & materials to create your poster.
Reminder: Deadline for submitting all designs is 5pm on Friday May 6, 2022