Share Your Love of Bainbridge Business
Connect the island with your own unique blend of digital marketing, community spirit, and memorable turns of phrase.
The Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce is looking for an enthusiastic data-driven digital native to help expand our marketing and communications to help build brands, create attention, and grow communities, initially on a part-time basis. The opportunity offers 20 hours per week (with potential for expansion) at an hourly rate of $18-20.
Successful candidates should demonstrate ability to communicate in branded voice alongside a working knowledge of digital marketing techniques, plus excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work to deadline. Previous experience helpful, though training and oversight will be provided in what is anticipated to be an initial 6-to-9-month introductory period.
Responsibilities for this in-person role will include multimedia social media and website content creation and promotion, plus support for the Chamber’s additional community outreach efforts, member services and events, and state licensing services whenever possible.
Strong ties to Bainbridge Island community, sense of humor, ability to maintain grace under pressure, and efficient multitasking skills recommended and preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote chamber, member and community online via original branded content.
- Curate branded feeds on multiple social media platforms.
- Write for chamber website – ability to also shoot/edit photo & video a plus
- Understand the role metrics and KPIs play to measure success
- Help Chamber members, in person, online and on the phone.
- When possible, support Visitor Center and Licensing operations
- Long-term potential to build into long-term marketing manager
- High School Diploma, two-year or four-year college degree experience.
- Available to potentially work weekends.
- Passion for service to the community.
- Fully-vaccinated against COVID-19
- Valid driver’s license.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
The Chamber is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please send resume and cover letter (including 5 proposed relevant hashtags) via: