Share Your Love of Bainbridge Business
Connect the island with your own unique blend of digital marketing, community spirit, and memorable turns of phrase.
The Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce is looking for an enthusiastic data-driven digital native to help expand our marketing and communications and build Bainbridge brands, engagement, and business communities.
This in-person, full-time opportunity is offered at an initial hourly rate of $18-20 and a start date in early August. This entry-level position is designed to be a great fit for a recent graduate looking to get out there, engage the business world, and gather a wide variety of on-the-job training and professional skills.
Successful candidates should demonstrate ability to communicate in branded voice alongside a working knowledge of digital marketing techniques, plus excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work to deadline. Previous experience is always helpful, though training and oversight will be provided over the course of what is anticipated to be an initial 90-day introductory period.
Responsibilities for this role will include multimedia social media and website content creation, promotion and scheduling, plus significant in-person (at the Chamber office) time supporting the Chamber’s real-world community outreach efforts, plus member, visitor, and state licensing services. You will be a key part of a team revamping every aspect of the Bainbridge Chamber’s communications operations – across the web, social media, email, in-person events, traditional media and more.
Strong ties to Bainbridge Island community, sense of humor, ability to maintain grace under pressure, and efficient multitasking skills recommended and preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote chamber, member and community online via original branded content.
- Curate branded feeds on multiple social media platforms.
- Help redesign & relaunch Chamber website
- Create weekly multimedia content – shoot/edit audio, photo & video
- Understand the role metrics and KPIs play to measure success
- Help Chamber members, in person, online and on the phone.
- When possible, support Visitor Center and Licensing operations
- Potential to grow into Director of Marketing position
- High School Diploma, two-year or four-year college degree experience.
- Active, engaged online and social media enthusiast
- Available for in-person work on Bainbridge Island at least 3 days a week
- Available to potentially work weekends.
- Passion for service to the community.
- Fully-vaccinated against COVID-19
- Valid driver’s license.
Applications submitted without a cover letter including 5 relevant recommended hashtags for this organization will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
The Chamber is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please send resume and cover letter (including 5 proposed relevant hashtags) via: