Vehicle + Vessel Tabs & Titles R Us
The Bainbridge Island Vehicle/Vessel Licensing Desk is ready to add multiple agents-in-training with a view to expanding capacity and opening hours. Help out your fellow islanders with a special mix of customer service, attention to detail and community spirit.
This is a super-flexible, part-time position, initially offering 10-15 hours per week (across 2 to 4 days in a mutually-agreed regular schedule) at an hourly rate of $18-20. Long-term goal to expand hours and become licensed part-time or full-time licensing agent, able to open/close/operate without supervision.
No previous experience is necessary, and training and oversight will be provided in what is anticipated to be an initial 6-to-9 month training and certification period.
Sense of humor, ability to maintain grace under pressure, and ninja-level multitasking skills recommended and preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn to help licensing customers, in-person, online and via telephone.
- Train to assist with all duties and functions mandated by the Washington State Department of Licensing, under full oversight from state-certified supervisor:
- Become knowledgeable in vehicle and vessel licensing procedures (titling and renewal transactions of cars, trucks, trailers, motorcycles, mopeds, off-road vehicles, and vessels)
- Attain state computer system proficiency necessary to be certified first as a licensing clerk and later as a licensing agent fully able to open/close DOL workstation without supervision
- Basic accounting/operating skills: reconcile daily cash and electronic transactions at end of day, assist with preparing reports for State and County Auditors
- Daily, monthly inventory of license plates, tabs, and other physical items
- Attend online and in-person sessions in Port Orchard for training as required, make supply and inventory runs once certified as clerk.
- When possible, support parallel Fish & Wildlife licensing operations
- When possible, support Visitor Center and Chamber of Commerce team
- Standard State Background check
- Available to work in person on Bainbridge Island
- High School Diploma, plus two-year or four-year college degree experience
- Basic computer skills
- Three to five years business experience
- Passion for service to the community
- Fully-vaccinated against COVID-19
- Valid driver’s license
- Available to potentially work weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
The Chamber is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
How To Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter with impeccable grammar via: