Be The Ambassador of All Things Bainbridge
Like most island nonprofits, the Bainbridge chamber of commerce is nothing without our awesome community volunteers, so we are looking for fresh faces to join our island ambassador team as we move towards reopening the visitor info center on Winslow Way and our kiosk at the ferry terminal.
- Greet and help island visitors both in-person and on the phone
- Connect community members to local businesses, services, activities and resources
- Assist Chamber members with general business enquiries
- Also help with issuing State Park Discover Passes + Fish & Wildlife Licenses
Whether you’re new to the area and want to learn more about your community, or a longtime resident with plenty of knowledge to share, becoming a Chamber Ambassador is a great way to both help promote our beautiful island home and meet locals and visitors from all around the world.
Volunteering with the Chamber Is A Chance To:
- Be the face of Bainbridge Island
- Support and promote our community
- Connect with local employers and service providers
- Strengthen your job skills and resume
- Work with enthusiastic people in a friendly environment
- Enjoy flexible scheduling
- Receive full orientation and training
- Bask in the warm glow of volunteer recognition and appreciation
- Full vaccination against COVID-19
- Available to potentially work weekends
- Passion for service to the community
- High School Diploma
- Valid driver’s license
Equal Opportunity Organization
The Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
The Chamber is an equal opportunity organization. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
All engagement is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.