Break out your stars and stripes because Bainbridge Island’s famous Fourth of July festivities are set to return July 1-4 with fun for the young and young at heart. Hosted by the island’s civic, cultural, and nonprofit organizations, this year’s cavalcade of Celebrate Bainbridge and Grand Old 4th events are the perfect way to recapture a slice of small-town Americana.
The Grand Old 4th on Bainbridge Island is a celebration of community which takes over all of downtown Winslow, Waterfront Park and the roads in between for a full day of events running from 7am to 5pm and causes big changes for vehicle traffic on that day.
Here’s an overview:
- The Hometown Parade moves south on Madison Avenue, turns east on Winslow Way and ends at Eriksen.
- The Street Fair + Waterfront Beer/Wine Garden are located in and around Waterfront Park
- The Car Show and Live Music happens in the parking lots on Bjune Drive (1 block south of Winslow Way), just East of Madison.
Just 35-minutes from downtown Seattle by ferry or easily accessed from the Kitsap Peninsula by Agate Pass Bridge we welcome visitors to enjoy our island’s festivities. Due to limited parking and many downtown street closures, we encourage residents AND visitors to think ahead and plan to use their feet, bike, public transportation, or shuttle buses.
Parking & Shuttle Buses
There are very few spots available to park, so we recommend using the remote parking lots to park a vehicle if you need one. Here’s the list:
- Kitsap Bank at 10140 NE High School Rd
- Ace Hardware at 635 NE High School Rd
- Bainbridge First Baptist at 8810 Madison Ave & Highway 305
Parking is free all day and is approximately 0.7 miles from the parade route.
Shuttle Service & Schedule
The High School Road shuttle bus stop will run from the Ace Parking lot (635 N.E. High School Rd) to Winslow Way at the Police Station (625 Winslow Way East at Highway 305).
Shuttles will run from 10 am to 6 pm for a fare of $2 per person each way.
Disabled parking with permit is available
- In the parking lot of the Eagle Harbor Congregational Church at 105 Winslow Way West (the corner of Winslow Way and Madison). Access the lot from the south, as the north access will be closed for the day due to proximity to the parade route.
- In the parking lot of John L. Scott at 600 Winslow Way E – this entire lot will be disabled parking only on July 4th.
Street Closures on July 3rd & 4th
- Winslow and Ericksen – Closed July 3 at Noon – July 4 at 6 pm
- Winslow Way, East of Madison – Closed July 3 at Noon – July 4 at 6 pm
- Madison, south of High School Rd (roundabout southbound)–Closed July 4 11 am – 3 pm
- Madison Ave, south of Wyatt – closed on July 4 at 8:30 am for BYS fun run
- Wyatt East and West of Madison – Closed July 4 at 11 am – 3 pm
- Winslow Way, West of Madison – Closed July 4 at 7:00 am
- Bjune and Madison – Closed July 4 at 6 am – 6 pm
- Bjune, South of Winslow – Closed July 4 at 6 am – 6 pm
- Wyatt and Ericksen – Closed July 4 at 11 am – 3 pm
- Wallace and Hildebrand Parking Lot – Closed July 4 at 11 am – 3 pm
- Knechtel and Madison – Closed July 4 at 11 am – 3 pm
- Wallace and Madison – Closed July 4 at 11 am – 3 pm
- Ihland and Madison – Closed July 4 at 11 am – 3 pm
- Knechtel and Ericksen – Closed July 4 at 11 am – 3 pm
- Ihland and Wallace – Closed July 4 at 11 am – 3 pm
- Wyatt E, East of Grow – Closed July 4 at 11 am – 3 pm
- Winslow, West of Hwy 305 – Closed July 4 at 11 am – 3 pm
BYS Fun Run Street Closures
- Madison Ave. between Wyatt Way and Winslow Way – Closed from 8:30am –3pm
Route map at: https://www.askbys.org/fun-run/details/