UPDATE 10/3/22: The Chamber is pleased to announce that this position has been filled and that no more applications will be accepted at this time.
Help Lead The Chamber Into The Future
Join the Bainbridge Chamber team and play a key role in our organization’s ongoing evolution to better serve our members, the local economy, and our Island community.
This is a management-level position that blends elements of a variety of skillsets across event management, marketing, development, and customer service.
The VP creates and supports connections: between the Chamber and its members, from member to member, between the Chamber and the community, and between the Chamber and its financial supporters.
This is an office-based in-person role, with a focus on meeting current and prospective members face-to-face whenever possible. Some event management will require after hours and weekend work.
The VP is intended to work directly with the Chamber President/CEO, operate as an independent project manager, and become an additional public face of the organization.
- Member recruitment/retention
- Inbound member assistance
- Member outreach (in person wherever possible)
- Management of member services through GrowthZone CRM
- Monthly billing cycle of chamber memberships
- Event management
- Multi-platform development and fundraising
- Weekly newsletter content creation
- Social media management
- Supporting role in website content creation
Assistance where possible with:
- Grant identification and application writing
- Fish/Wildlife/Parks licensing services
- Island information services
Required Skills & Background:
- 5-10 years of team management
- 5-10 years of development
- 5-10 years of event management
- 5-10 years of communications/marketing
Preferred Skills & Background:
- Nonprofit experience
- Small business experience
- Bainbridge Island local with existing contact network
- Passion for service to the community
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Valid driver’s license
- $50,000 to $60,000 annual base salary (dependent upon experience)
- 2 weeks of annual paid vacation (plus 11 paid holidays)
- Additional monthly healthcare stipend
- Additional annual performance-based bonus structure
NOTE: All positions will require a State background check.
Equal Opportunity Organization
The Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
The Chamber is an equal opportunity organization. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
All engagement is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.