Thank you for your interest in volunteering for our Grand Old 4th of July Event!
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Note: please be flexible and understand that your job duties may change from time to time and that you may be asked to “help out” in other areas during the event.
We encourage volunteers to bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated (we will have plenty of water), sunscreen, and anything to stay cool (depending on weather).
We are going to have so much FUN – thank YOU!
Below are a brief list of descriptions for various positions – please reach out to Jessica with any questions.
- Placing Signage: Using hammer, mallet, tape and zip ties to hang up signage & banners.
- Garbage Cans Set Up: With help of a truck moving around the “downtown” placing garbage cans and recycling containers (must be able to lift 25 pounds).
- Set Up Beer Garden Fence: Place stakes around Rowing Center using a post driver/fence driver (must be able to swing a mallet and lift 25 pounds).
- Waste Removal: Lifting garbage bags and placing them into a large dumpster (lots of walking, lifting and carrying) – there will be carts to help move bags around. Donations to your non-profit of choice for time volunteered: $18/hour.
- Water Bottle Help: Must be able to lift 50 pounds & have license to drive. Utilizing a golf cart, bringing full water jugs (5 gallons) to various water station locations. Donations to your non-profit of choice for time volunteered: $18/hour.
- Barricades: Welcoming cars/vendors/parade participants to areas. Checking to make sure people/guests are in the right area. At times, you may need to let people know they are not in the right place and may need to give further direction. Depending on the barricade location depends on how busy the area is: Winslow Way & Ericksen/Bjune & Winslow/Bjune & Madison/Winslow & Madison are the busiest sections.
- Parade Check In: Welcoming parade participants and letting them know where their staging location is – getting ready for the parade to start. Keeping track of what organizations have already signed in.
- Parade Marshall: Working at the 5 sections of the Parade Route helping parade participants know where to stage/set up for their spot in the parade. Also making sure vehicles no longer pass through on Madison Ave starting at 11 am.
- Beer Garden ID Check: Must be 21+ years old, checking ID to make sure guests are over the age of 21 to enter beer garden. No children or pets are allowed in the beer garden on July 4. No alcohol allowed to leave beer garden area.
- Beer Garden Sales: Processing payments with a credit card machine or taking cash in the beer garden and handing out tickets.
- Breakdown: Helping remove signage, tables, tents, or fencing at the end of the event.