The Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce and Bainbridge Youth Services are joining forces to create Work Ready Bainbridge – a new eight-week summer employment and workforce certification program connecting local youth employees (ages 16-24) with employers and the local business/nonprofit community on Bainbridge Island.
- Place curated selection of local youth into engaging local opportunities accompanied by a living wage for the summer (or multiple summers).
- Connect local businesses with motivated, driven local youth to develop mutually-beneficial professional relationships in our community.
- Offer practical experience and education for young people wishing to understand what it means to successfully work in a business setting, and supplement with soft skill workshops on strategic thinking, workplace communication, professionalism, and financial literacy.
- Certify program graduation with an official Work Ready qualification signed by Chamber President, BYS Exec Director and City Manager.
2022 PILOT PROGRAM DETAILS:
- 10 Work Ready Bainbridge slots available
- Employee Commitment: 20 hours a week for 8 weeks
- Employer Commitment: Meaningful project with $17/hr wage
- $500 Program Completion Bonus boosts total compensation to $20/hr
- BYS/Chamber working on community grants, sponsorships, partnerships to further defray employer/admin costs
- Erika Borg of Civic Allies (and the AWB’s Washington Workforce Portal) will serve as official program advisor
2022 Pilot PROJECT TIMELINE:
May: Application period for pilot participants/applicants (closes May 31)
June: Final interviews/decisions/placements
WORK READY LAUNCH DAY: June 20 (first day of Summer)
How To Participate: Employers
If you are a Bainbridge Chamber member, please head on over to the Employer Registration page here at bainbridgechamber.com to provide details of the project, position, or opportunity you would like to propose as one of the 10 slots in the 2022 Work Ready Bainbridge pilot program.
How To Participate: Employees
If you are a local 16-24-year-old who would like to be one of the ten members of Work Ready Bainbridge’s initial youth cohort, please send a cover letter and your resume to [email protected].
Deadline for 2022 Registrations: End of day on May 31
Please also feel free to ask questions or make suggestions by dropping by our offices, giving us a call, or reaching out via the Chamber Contact Page