For more than 90 years, the Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce has been the energetic heart of our strong, sustainable local economy.
As an unusual combination of business member-driven nonprofit, community hub, visitor center, and state licensing facility, the Bainbridge Chamber sits at the nexus of many aspects of Island life.
Through our public and member events we have forged relationships that have held strong for decades. Our close partnerships with local charitable and business-related organizations have allowed us to further the efforts of our economic development on the Island. Our active role in community business initiatives and local government serves to create opportunities for all local businesses to thrive.
Put simply, we are here to help – as advocates for our members, service providers to our community, and ambassadors for our island.
BAINBRIDGE CHAMBER OPENING HOURS
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Please note: Licensing Desk is open Tuesday to Friday, 9am to 1pm + 2pm to 5pm
HELPFUL LICENSING NOTES:
- The Licensing Desk is open Tuesday to Friday from 9am to 1pm and then from 2pm to 5pm. It is closed all day on Mondays (but prepaid tags ordered online can still be picked up from Chamber staff on Mondays)
- No appointments are required, so our wait time varies from minute to minute and day to day and there is no ‘best time’ to visit.
- We do strongly recommend coming in to the office to ask detailed questions as identity and privacy rules mean that our staff cannot provide specific advice or personalized assistance over the telephone or via email
- If you require immediate assistance over the phone, the DOL does offer a state-wide support line at 1-360-902-3770
- In the interests of speed and simplicity, we recommend renewing vehicles and vessel registrations online at dol.wa.gov, then electing to pick up your tabs at our office (or having them mailed to you by the Bainbridge office) whenever possible
- In addition to vehicle and vessel licensing, our location also offers disabled parking permits, issues WA Fish & Wildlife licenses, and provides State Park Discover Passes
- Our agency does not offer personal driver’s licenses or enhanced driver’s licenses – and the nearest which do are in Poulsbo and Bremerton (by appointment only)
- Assistance with obtaining and renewing U.S. passports is available at the City of Bainbridge Island Municipal Court in Rolling Bay (next door to Bay Hay & Feed)
ISLAND BUSINESS RESOURCES FOR COVID-19
The WA Department of Financial Institutions provides financial resources for WA residents impacted by COVID-19.
Disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration continue to be available in certain circumstances.
Economic recovery program details are available alongside free advice from the Kitsap Small Business Development Center.
Island Volunteer Caregivers (IVC) is providing shopping and delivery of groceries and prescriptions for Bainbridge residents.
For the latest COVID updates:
- Latest Updates from the City of Bainbridge Island’s Emergency Management team
- Latest Updates from Kitsap County Public Health
- Latest Updates from Washington State Governor’s Office
- US Center for Disease Control (CDC)
More local COVID information on the Chamber’s Business Resources page.
THE BAINBRIDGE ISLAND GENERAL STORE IS OPEN FOR ONLINE BUSINESS
The Bainbridge Island General Store is designed to make it easier to shop local for the holidays and beyond. It exists to help customers find what you need today and then pass you through to buy directly from our local businesses.
It is open to all local retailers and product creators with a Bainbridge Island business license and a 98110 or 98061 business address.
Created to showcase the best of Bainbridge by pulling together representative items from island retailers, artists, artisans, and more, the General Store gives a quick overview of what can be found in the stores, studios, workshops, and more of Winslow, Rolling Bay, Lynwood Center, Fletcher Bay, Day Road, and beyond.
The Bainbridge Island General store was launched as a public benefit campaign to assist the island’s business community as a partnership between the Bainbridge Chamber, Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island, Bainbridge Island Downtown Association, Visit Bainbridge Island, and Chemistry Productions.