For more than 90 years, the Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce has been the energetic heart of our innovative, strong, and sustainable local economy.
We support businesses and Bainbridge through advocacy, connection, and community.
As an unusual combination of member-driven nonprofit, community hub, visitor center, and state licensing facility, the Bainbridge Chamber sits at the nexus of many aspects of Island life.
Through our public and member events we have forged relationships that have held strong for decades. Our close partnerships with local charitable and business-related organizations have allowed us to further the efforts of our economic development on the Island. Our active role in community business initiatives and local government serves to create opportunities for all local businesses to thrive.
Put simply, we are here to help – as advocates for our members, champions for our community, and ambassadors for Bainbridge Island.
BAINBRIDGE CHAMBER REGULAR OPENING HOURS
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Please note: Licensing Desk is open Tuesday to Friday, 9am to 1pm + 2pm to 5pm
HELPFUL LICENSING NOTES:
- The Licensing Desk is open Tuesday to Friday from 9am to 1pm and then from 2pm to 5pm. It is closed all day on Mondays (but prepaid tags ordered online can still be picked up from Chamber staff on Mondays)
- No appointments are required, so our wait time varies from minute to minute and day to day and there is no ‘best time’ to visit.
- We do strongly recommend coming in to the office to ask detailed questions as identity and privacy rules mean that our staff cannot provide specific advice or personalized assistance over the telephone or via email
- If you require immediate assistance over the phone, the DOL does offer a state-wide support line at 1-360-902-3770
- In the interests of speed and simplicity, we recommend renewing vehicles and vessel registrations online at dol.wa.gov, then electing to pick up your tabs at our office (or having them mailed to you by the Bainbridge office) whenever possible
- In addition to vehicle and vessel licensing, our location also offers disabled parking permits, issues WA Fish & Wildlife licenses, and provides State Park Discover Passes
- Our agency does not offer personal driver’s licenses or enhanced driver’s licenses – and the nearest which do are in Poulsbo and Bremerton (by appointment only)
- Assistance with obtaining and renewing U.S. passports is available at the City of Bainbridge Island Municipal Court in Rolling Bay (next door to Bay Hay & Feed)
The Bainbridge Chamber would like to acknowledge that the land on which we gather is within the aboriginal territory of the suq̀ʷabš “People of Clear Salt Water” (Suquamish People).
Expert fisherman, canoe builders and basket weavers, the suq̀ʷabš live in harmony with the lands and waterways along Washington’s Central Salish Sea as they have for thousands of years. Here, the suq̀ʷabš live and protect the land and waters of their ancestors for future generations as promised by the Point Elliot Treaty of 1855.